Schedule planning and development
Upon successful completion of this module, the participants will learn to plan and develop the schedule of the project
Level – 2
- Plan for schedule planning and development
- Establish scheduling requirements
- Identify activities
- Develop activity logic
- Estimate duration
- Allocate resources
- Submit schedule deliverables
- Establish control basis
- Optimize schedule
- Develop and maintain methods and tools
- Document and communicate schedule
- Review and validate schedule
Plan for schedule planning and development
- Who will prepare the schedules?
- How many types of schedules?
- Who will maintain these schedules?
- How will the updation done?
Establish scheduling requirements
- What will be the scheduling tool?
- Schedule change management
- Activity codes
- Activity identifiers
- The work packages are decomposed further into activities
Develop activity logic
Activities are sequenced based on the following four types of dependencies;
- Finish to Start
- Start to Start
- Finish to Finish
- Start to Finish
Estimate activity durations
- Analogous estimation
- Parametric estimation
- Three point estimation
- Resources are allocated against activities
Establish control base
- Baseline schedule
- Once baselined, the latest baseline will be used to track progress and variances
- Fast tracking